RSS

iHola!! Spaniola ! Fresh Prawns Pan Fry

06 Jun

Guess what ? Last week, we had been to spain for Vacation . We visited places around Barcelona city and enjoyed the famous Spanish architectures. This week, all my posts going to be little informative about the places we have visited and definitely some special recipes.

La Ramblas is a long 1.5 Km shopping street in Barcelona which has lot of shops, few museums, Restaurants and La Boqueria market. This market is famous for its fresh Mediterranean sea food, spices, Fresh Juices, chocolates, meat shops, fruit stalls and vegetables shops. You can see the pictures at the end of this post, to get a feel of the market. We visited this market and I could not just pass through without buying any sea food. Since we had a plan of site seeing that day, On our last day of stay in Barcelona we went to this market and I picked up some fishes, prawns and a Crab and cooked them at home. It was a feast for all of us. Since we stayed in a vacation apartment in the city, it was just comfortable for us to decide to go out for a restaurant or stay at home and enjoy the home food.

This crab was weighing 1 Kg, but after cleaning, it was around less than a half a kilo. I made Crab Kurma and Fish Kuzhambu. Both of them dishes are south Indian recipes.
Here is the recipe for prawns pan fry
Ingredients:
  1. Prawns – 1Kg ( clean the prawns and include only the meat)
  2. Onion – 1/2 kg
  3. Oil – 2 Tbs
  4. Ginger paste – 1 tsp
  5. Garlic paste – 2 tsp
  6. Garlic – 2 Tbs, chopped
  7. Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
  8. Chilli Powder – 1 tbs
  9. Corriander 1/2 cup, chopped
  10. Salt for taste.

Method:

1.  Heat the pan and add oil. Add onions and garlic and saute them till it is translucent. Add little salt to help cooking onions faster.

2. Add ginger and garlic paste and mix it for 2 minutes.

3. Add the spice powders chilli and  turmeric and stir for 2 minutes in a slow flame. Add 1/4 cup water and cover the pan with lid and let it cook for 15 minutes in a medium flame.

4. Add the prawns and mix them up with the masalas for 5 minutes.

5. Add the chopped coriander and serve it. Good to go with Rice and as a side dish.

La Boqueria Market pictures:

Inside the market you can get a fresh juice for 1.50 Euro.

Not only in this market, all over the city there were many fruit shops with all kinds of fruits.

Eye catchy Candy Stalls. Check the prices before buying…I felt it was bit expensive.

My daughter was just not moving away from the candy stall until she got one.

Fish stalls

Fish stalls had a good collection of all kinds of sea food fresh from theMediterranean sea.

Tags: , , , ,

1. Treat and Trick

June 7, 2010 at 12:00 am

Love of those beautiful pictures, the seafood looks so fresh and your prawn is hard to resist…..

2. Sushma Mallya

June 7, 2010 at 12:14 am

Nice to know you had a great time in spain, it seems a lovely place and best place for shopping..great ya…i just loved the market over there….and prawns fry looks mouthwatering…

3. Priya

June 7, 2010 at 2:11 am

Pan fried prawns tempts me a lot..It has been a long we had a trip to Spain, seems u had a great time there…

4. Manju Rajender

June 7, 2010 at 2:48 am

Sridevi, beautiful pics and nice to know you had a gr8 trip. I am really jealous on seeing the frsh seafood. I love crabs and I never get fresh ones here. Thanks for sharing these nice clicks 🙂

5. ushnish ghosh

June 7, 2010 at 4:51 am

First time here. Amazing presentation and the recipes! Next time I am in EU, will go to this market.
    Will try the cucumber dal soon..very nice ..have nice week

6. Suman Singh

June 7, 2010 at 7:05 am

nice fresh looking seafoods…love the pics…looks lovely…good know that u guys had a wonderful vacation…n prawn fry looks so tempting…yum!

7. tasteofbeirut

June 7, 2010 at 7:34 am

This market looks like heaven to me; no wonder my brother, a gourmet, was telling me he would move to Barcelona in a heartbeat!

8. Hema

June 7, 2010 at 2:15 pm

Sridevi, beautiful pictures and wounderful information about spain.. Looks like you had a great trip and by the way your Prawn fry is very delightful and yummy.

9. Chetana

June 7, 2010 at 6:38 pm

Awww i love those candies…..n longasteens n prawns n crabs……
    U lucky gal…..must hv hd loads of fun….
    Cooking on a vacation is soo much fun, isn’t it…
    beautiful pics.

10. love2cook

June 7, 2010 at 8:06 pm

I enjoyed this post alot dear! Prawn looks fab!!! I don’t touch crabs though…afraid of them…hehe! 😀

Hey, welcome to the Audi club ya!!! ^___^

11. SathyaSridhar

June 8, 2010 at 1:55 am

Hope you all 3 enjoyed the trip, woow!! nice fresh fruits n seafood market. Prawn fry looks perfect, my faav one..

12. Gobi Aloo

July 5, 2010 at 11:47 am

Chicken Jalfarezi….a nice Pakistani food recipe…try it !Ingredients * 3 lb. Chicken breast-boneless * 8 oz Green Pepper * 8 oz Tomato * 8 oz Onion (Red-Large) * 1 t Cumin Seed * 10 Garlic cloves * 2 oz Ginger root * 2 oz Green Chi