RSS

Instant Jelly Strawberry Cake – Fathers Day Special

14 May

Yesterday, May 13th 2010, was remembered as Ascension Day and also celebrated as Father’s Day in Germany. Different countries celebrate Father’s day on different dates. Truely, Father is the first role model to any child. Children try to copy the behaviours and habits from both the parents. My daughter enjoys playing Wii games and other play activities along with her father. As I knew it very late from my daughter yesterday about this, I didn’t have time to prepare my own version.My daughter helped me in making this instant cake, and she surprised  her father with this cake and a poem.

Ingredients:

1. Biscuit base – 1
  2. Strawberries fresh – 200 gms
  3. Instant gelatin mix for strawberry- 1 pkt (jelly , sugar, color, flavor)

Method:

1. Arrange the fresh strawberries on the biscuit base.

2. Add water and mix up the instant gelatin mix, once it is boiling remove it from heat.

3. Slowly pour it on the strawberries to fill any gaps.

Tip: Select fresh strawberris and sweet ones for this cake.

9 Comments

Posted in Cake

1. Malar Gandhi

May 14, 2010 at 8:51 am

Oh that is cho sweet, your daughter helped you:) cake looks gorgeous, kudos to both of you. Yeah, I agree Father’s day sounds terrific, we girls try to imitate Dad in many ways, right.

2. Sushma Mallya

May 14, 2010 at 9:12 am

Your daughter is really multi talented, nice to know she helps you too…lovely cake ,looks very very beautiful…& have a lovely weekend sri, take care

3. SathyaSridhar

May 14, 2010 at 10:52 am

Woow!! Nice colourful cake topping with strawberrys Riya kalakaranga.Well presented n nice photography.

4. Hema

May 14, 2010 at 10:56 am

It is good to know that people in Germany are celebrating Father’s day little ahead. So Happy Father’s day dear. And your daughter is so fabulous to suprise her daddy with the poem and delicious mouth watering sweet cake. I can imagine how proud her daddy was. Love to hear the poem too….

5. Sridevi

May 14, 2010 at 11:30 am

Poem by Riya

Daddy I love You, With all that you do,
    I kiss you and hug you ,
    You feed me and need me to teach You to play,
    so smile on this fathers day.

(She learnt it from her teacher for Mothers day in school. She used the same for dad too by replacing mother with father.)

6. Manju Rajender

May 14, 2010 at 1:31 pm

Beautiful !! No body respects fathers day 🙂 I loved your rasam too….:)

7. Priya

May 14, 2010 at 3:55 pm

That a cute and elegant cake..love anything with strawberries..thats so nice of ur little princess for putting her hands to make out this beautiful cake..

8. Shriya

May 14, 2010 at 9:47 pm

LOve this recipe. So simple and with few ingredients. Looks like am gonna give it a try tomorrow. I am big fan of strawberries.

9. uma

May 16, 2010 at 1:20 pm

seems like ur daughter is following ur footsteps 🙂
    loved this instant cake!