White Chocolate coated truffles and dark chocolate floral design with Macadamia Nuts stuffed inside & dessicated Coconut rolled Truffles.
I wish all my viewers, friends and family a very Happy New Year 2013! On this special occasion we enjoyed the homemade gorgeous truffles. Simple to make and with only few ingredients needed, it was fun making it with Riya again during this holiday time.
Back in India, when we visit families and friends, it is a tradition to get them some sweets and fresh flowers. The flowers are worn on women’s hair or offered to God.
Some of the famous sweets of India are Ladoos, colorful Rasagullas, milk sweets…..
Whenever I see truffles in bakery and Confectionery shops, I used to remember the Ladoo’s of India as the shape of Ladoo’s as well is spherical. The truffles are arranged beautifully with different toppings and colors and looks quite impressive and tastes yummy and melts in mouth.
For this new year, I tried this truffles and they came out really good. Truffles mixture is more or less like Ganache but with less cream. The Chocolate, Cream and butter mixture is rolled in to small balls and topped with favorite nuts or Coco powder. The Recipe is as follows
- Semi dark Chocolate – 220gms
- Heavy cream – 100ml
- Butter – 2 Tbsp
- Coco Powder – 50gms (for rolling )
- Optional ingredients – (Coconut flakes, finely chopped pistachios, sugar sprinkles, any chopped nuts). I used halved macadamia nuts to stuff inside truffles.
For outer Chocolate coating:
- White or dark chocolate – 100gms
1. Heat the cream in a bowl until it starts to boil and remove from heat.
2. Add finely chopped or shaved chocolates and butter in to the hot cream.
3. Mix all of them together until smooth liquid consistency and leave it overnight in fridge.
4. Measure a spoon of truffle mixture and make it in to ball and roll in Coco powder. Alternatively the truffles can be rolled in to pistachios or Coconut powder or sugar crispies. I used halved Macadamia nuts as the stuffing inside the truffles.
5.If an additional chocolate layer around the truffle is needed, melt the desired white or black chocolate under double boiling until smooth liquid consistency and dip the truffles in them. Take the dipped chocolate out and allow it to dry in butter sheet.
6. With the truffles inside and outer layered chocolate, i piped some designs on them.
( The pink ones are made from white chocolate truffle with little bit of strawberry flavoring and color. This recipe for this one is not included here.)