This is yet another cake and Marshmallow candy made during Christmas time. I did this together with Riya again… I just have to tell the secret word ‘Baking’ to her and OhMyGod she is so excited more than me in baking. The first and best favorite pass time these days for her is baking with me. She likes to sift,mix, using electric mixer, breaking eggs, and last but not least , she never forgot’s to taste the batter. Infact, tasting is the best part all kids love during baking process. Riya took the complete responsibility of Marshmallow candy and enjoyed making it for her school Christmas Party. She was so proud to tell her friends that she made it all alone.
- All purpose flour – 6 cups
- Baking soda – 3tsp
- Choco powder- 1 and 1/2 cup
- Sugar – 3 cups
- Salt -1 and 1/2tsp
- Eggs – 6
- Milk – 3 cups
- Oil – 2 and 1/2 cups
- Colored Marshmallows – 1 pkt
- Scraped Chocolate – 150gms
- Bretzel sticks – few( to hold the marshmallows) or Lollipop sticks
- Some sugar sprinkles
1. Sift together the dry ingredients for cake( 1 to 5) in a bowl.
2. Whisk the liquid ingredients together adding and whisking one by one.(6,7,8)
3. Using electric mixer, mix the liquid and dry ingredients slowly in to cake batter.
4. Bake it at 170 C for 30 min in a preheated oven.
5. I used standard baking tray for this quantity which yielded 35 pieces approx.
6. Once the cake is cooled add the Chocolate liquid Ganache on top of the cake. I have cut the cake pieces and later added the Ganache. The Recipe for this liquid Ganache is here.
7. For the choco coated Marshmallows, Melt the chocolate in a microwave for 1 – 2 minutes, checking and stirring it often. Once it starts melting remove from microwave and stir it, so it is now thin and is in liquid form.
8. Insert the bretzel sticks in marshmallow like a lollipop and dip it in liquid chocolate and then sprinkle sugar decorations on top. Leave it aside for 1/2 an hour to dry.
9. Once it is dried, you can assemble it on the cake.