- Milk – 1 Litre ( whole milk )
- Vinegar – 2 Tsp diluted with 5 Tsp of water
- Sugar – 1 Cup
- Rose water – 1/2 Tsp
- Water - 4 Cups
- Orange color – A pinch
- Orange Essence – 1/2 Tsp
1. Boil milk in a heavy bottom vessel. Cook in a slow heat. When the milk bubbles pour vinegar, mixing it up slowly.
2. When the milk starts curdling , remove it from heat and drain the water with thin kitchen towel. Now run cold water in cheese(paneer) and squeeze the kitchen towel to remove all excess water.
3. In a clean plate take the cheese and knead it by rubbing in the plate to make smooth dough.
4. Roll the cheese in to small balls or in to different shapes .
5. Heat the water and sugar in a pressure pan and when it starts boiling, drop all the cheese balls and close the lid.
6.Cook it in a high flame for 8 minutes. Wait till all the pressure is released from cooker and then open it.
7. Remove the Rasagullas and little sirup to a bowl and reduce the remaining water in cooker by boiling it. At this point if you like more sugar you can add it.
8. Usual Rasagullas will have the flavor of cardamom or Rose essence. For variation you can add orange essence and orange color to the Rasagulla Sirup.
Tip : Serve the Rasagullas at room temparature or chilled. While Kneading the dough you can add a pinch of food color.